Friday, August 28, 2009

More Idiocy and Grilled Cheese

Okay, so I realize it's unusual for me to be making a post this early. You can blame this on the morons who live in my building, who managed to set off the fire alarm at 9 in the morning.

Fire Alarm Count: 10

On to the food. After trudging down 11 flights of stairs first thing in the morning, when I returned to my dormitory I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. The simple grilled cheese is imperative to keep me happy and content under stressful conditions. This is soul food, my friends.



































Grilled Cheese to Soothe the Soul


2 slices of bread, preferably organic Italian bread from Whole Foods
1 or 2 slices of American cheese
2 tbsp butter (yes, it's a lot of butter. I promise it's worth it)

~Heat up your pan over the stove. When the pan is hot, add one dollop of butter to melt.
~When the butter is completely melted, put one slice of bread down on the pan. On top of this, add your cheese slice(s) and your second slice of bread.
~When the bread facing the pan is lightly browned, melt the second tbsp of butter in the pan and flip the sandwich carefully with a spatula.
~By the time the second slice of bread is crisp, buttery, and delicious, you should be unbearably hungry. If not, I forbid you to eat this sandwich. Send it to me.
~Slice in half, watch the strings of gooey cheese pull apart, and enjoy.

Makes enough for 1 person. Or maybe not. You may need to make two of these. I do. Often.


Oh, wait, make that 11 for the fire alarm count, by the way. I made a quick run to the Financial Aid office with E and by the time we got back, there were fire trucks lined up outside our building.

To end this post on a cheerier note: Yesterday, this blog reached 100 hits! Yaaaay! Please help me make it to the 1000 mark too~!

No comments:

Post a Comment